Re: [Healeys] Front wheel bearing 'distance piece'

To: "'BJ8 Healeys'" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Front wheel bearing 'distance piece'
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:15:44 -0500
While I don't disagree with either view point, I have a differing
opinion...go figure.  While the distance piece allows proper clearance and
also pre-load adjustability, I believe the engineers at the time saw it
differently.  What the distance piece does, in my opinion, is to change the
bending force applied to the stub into a tension force applied to the stub.
This makes it much stronger.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8