[Healeys] Syncro

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Syncro
From: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 22:41:57 -0700
I just put my rebuilt transmission back into my car...during the rebuild, I
replaced the 2nd gear syncro as it was fairly worn.   The replacement syncro
was a steel one (verus the stock brass).

Everything in the transmission works fine...except the second gear
syncro...it does not seem to be grabbing and I'm getting a lot of mashing of
gears on the downshift unless I get the revs right.

I cant' think of what the issue could be..transmissions are pretty straight
forward and I'm at a loss as to why I would have this issue..I thought that
perhaps the steel syncro rings don't grab as well as the brass ones???

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Paul