Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Problem

To: "Rick Swain" <rjswain@hotmail.com>, "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Problem
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:27:21 -0700
It may not be the pump but the cam that is installed backwards.  When I
rebuild my gearbox (the first one I ever rebuilt) I somehow managed to
replace the cam back on the shaft facing the wrong way.  The cam was turning
but the top of the pump piston was not ridding on the cam surface but along
the edge.  I had to pull the gearbox apart to remove the cam and turn it
around on the shaft.  If you don't pay very close attention to the position
of the cam it is easy to put in on backwards.

Ron
61BN7