Re: [Healeys] Lubrication

To: R Phillips <healeydriver1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lubrication
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:32:39 +0100
Hard to tell, should be mentioned in a WSM or handbook for most classic
cars, but use your grease gun regularly, say every 6 months as the
grease may harden (suspension parts, drive shaft universal joints and
sliding yoke, water pump, shifting gear). Put a drop of thin oil on the
pivots of the distributor and on the felt pad under the rotor regularly,
lubricate the dynamo and sometimes starter motor regularly with thin
oil. Put some oil on the moving parts of the carbs, do not forget the
cables for choke, speedo, tacho and the drives. Apply some oil to all
hinges. Use graphite or molibdeensulfide powder in the lockbarrels and
lockmechanisms etc. Undoubtetly there are many more items. All that
moves needs lubrication.
The given intervals in a manualare rather meaningless. Check and rectify
when neccesary.
Kees Oudesluijs