Re: [Healeys] Lubrication

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lubrication
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:02:15 +0000
Alan

If they are not stainless steel then the metal must be something very
similar. I have just checked four spare manifolds; a couple from
Atlantics but you will know that they are the same. All are originals
and must be around 55 years old. None show any significant corrosion and
are still bright and shiny if lightly polished.

If they are not stainless steel then what is the metal likely to be?

If vendors are selling pivots made of mild steel then they are in my
view selling an inferior product.

Regards

--
John Harper