[Healeys] Fuel Pump

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel Pump
From: R Phillips <healeydriver1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 08:13:11 -0400
Now that I've come to terms with my SU carbs, I'm turning my attention to
the SU fuel pump.  Recently I was driving (65 BJ8) in 90 degree weather.The
car was running smoothly, water temp never over 170.  As I coasted to a
light, it just stopped running.  The fuel pump was ticking like an angry
hornet. And yes there was plenty of gas in the tank.  After a  few seconds
it started back up and ran fine the rest of the way home.  While I know this
could be any number of things, my working assumption is the fuel pump is
starting to get temperamental.  And if I'm wrong, I'm sure it will
eventually.  So:
1. Can they/should they be rebuilt or just replaced?
2. Anyone make an electronic version?
3. How much gas will I dump on my garage floor when I change it out?

Sorry if all this seems basic.  I finally have the time (recently retired)
and want to begin to take responsibility for the maintenance of this
wonderful automobile.

Ric
'65 BJ8