Re: [Healeys] Harbor Freight Jacks

To: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Harbor Freight Jacks
From: Pieter and Linda <pieters@pt.lu>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:59:17 +0100
You are so right Mark. I have a friend who will be in a wheel chair
for life after not using Axle stands. The car was on a flat concrete
surface, on a very substantial trolley jack. The simple act of
torquing  up a nut was enough for the car to slip off the jack and
fall, breaking his back and a number of ribs. Had it not been for the
fact that his head was just clear of the gearbox as the car came down
he would be dead. Our hobby is not worth dying or being crippled for,
Pieter