Re: [Healeys] Innertube Question

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Innertube Question
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:42:13 -0800
Jack:  Les Schwab has repaired and/or replaced a few of my inner tubes in
three cities on the west coast.  Interesting situation on a recent visit -
after dealing with the local outlet and having had tire/tube work done
there, one of the 'associates' told me that they don't do wire wheels.  He
was misinformed.  It is true, however, that they do not have the proper cone
to do the wheel balancing.  One time they tried by reversing the cone on the
balancing machine.  It seated on the spokes leaving nicks in the paint on
the spokes.  After I realized what happened, I checked the balance on my
home bubble balancer.  They were surprisingly close to balanced.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031