Re: [Healeys] Concours judging

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Concours judging
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 21:22:42 +1000
I disagree. We are building the cars the way they generally "should"
have been built.
Overspray on spark plugs? Just a cost/ time saving measure. Tell me a
professional engine builder who does that?
Paint drips on a chassis? Upside down? Who as a professional painter
would claim that as typical of his best workmanship??
So - still no response to my question from all the concours
critics .....
  "which BN1 would have won a concours in around June 1953 - given
there were 5 entrants - all were original - and all are less than 30
days old?"
And judged by their peers.
So - which car would win my theoretical concours?????

Think about it.
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone