[Healeys] concours judging

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] concours judging
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 9:09:52 -0400
Thanks for the explanation Rich--since i was one of those who made that
statement.  I think what happened to many "anti-concours" folks was that they
got the impression that concours equated to a trailer queen, or one that was
seldon driven.

I drove with another Healey driver from Pittsburgh to Louisville to Conclave a
number of years back.  He was driving there to be judged in concours.  It was a
beautiful 2 days of driving and somewhat hot.  For fear he would lose a few
points for a less than perfect top, he would not put the top down.

I guess it was/is feelings and attitudes like this that have created the
"anti-concours" feeling among some.

In any event, thanks for explaining what you do and how/why concour judging
works.

Regards
tom

---- Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net> wrote:

 Every time the subject of Concours Judging comes up, there always seems to
 be lots of folks who are NOT involved in, and know almost nothing about the
 process who always feel the need to pipe up and talk it down, or otherwise
 cloud and confuse the subject to the point where the onlookers repeat once
 more "that once again reinforces my opinion about Concours".
 I cannot speak for other Concours activities around the world, but I can
 speak for our National Concours Registry, here in North America.
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html