[Healeys] Concours judging

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Concours judging
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 05:56:58 -0400
My previous boss collected very low-mileage Triumph TR-6's.  One had only SIX
miles on it.  The factory workmanship was so bad and the paint (especially
underhood) so poor that there was no hope whatsoever in meeting todays judging
standards.  As mentioned before, these factory cars were built to a different,
assembly line standard than today's meticulous restorations, so these original
survivor cars are normally judged in their own class in other clubs.

Its a different world.  In a sense, most of us are building replicas according
to our own personal twenty-first century sensibilities and tastes, when we
"restore" a Healey today.

Best
Peter
Concours Advisory Committee