Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild

To: Martin Jansen <jule_enterprisesah@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:29:50 -0800
Martin,

Your statements show that you know little if nothing about Austin Healey
Concours as it is currently organized and setup.  We go out of our way to
encourage Austin Healeys to be driven, more so than any other marque
specific Concours group currently in existence.

In fact, our cars restored to original condition are more than capable of
handling modern roads and driving conditions, with the only limitation being
an individual owners reluctance to drive them as such.  This is one reason
we allow radial tires on all Austin Healeys with a full five point credit
for a car being driven 500 miles in the 6 months prior to be judged.  There
is also no deduction for using an aluminum head on a 100 since they are
virtually indistinguishable from the original externally but internally they
vastly enhance performance and reliability.  Just two examples , but there
are many more.

I personally take exception to you classifying me as NOT being a car guy as
you state, just because I promote and encourage our cars to be restored as
original and to be driven.  Or possibly it is you who has the issue with
Austin Healey Concours since our guidelines have a standard 50 point
deduction for replacement...* "Frames that can be visually determined to
differ from what was "correct" when the car was new."*

BTW, Kilmartin frames receive no such deduction.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Chairman- Austin Healey Concours Committee

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Martin Jansen <jule_enterprisesah@yahoo.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html