Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild

To: Austin Healey <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:56:35 +0800
Gergo -

I've driven both 3000's and 100/6s, also 100/6s with gallery heads.  At the
end of the day, the difference in power between all the different versions
isn't all that noticeable for every day driving.  Yes, the Mk III motor is
more powerful, but even the gallery head 100/6 has pretty good pick up... I
think if you go with the 12 port head, HD6s and a Mk III cam, it will be as
fast as your 3000 motor... and you'll get better mileage in the process.

Cheers,

Alan

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html