[Healeys] Webers, dellortos

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Webers, dellortos
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:28:04 -0000
I am thinking about putting 3 webers or dellortos on my 3000.

It has a big bore bunch of bananas exhaust and a Denis Welch fast road cam
so it's half way there, if you see what I mean.

Now, wise gurus will say "if it ain't  broke, don't fix it" and one already
has! But these things have a dreadful fascination....a bit like Everest!

So, in any particular order, what does your experience say?.....

Dellortos or Webers?

Which size/type? 45DCOE seems to be the Webers that most people mention or
sell. (Are they really made our of platinum?)

Are there any 6 cyl cars out there whose inlet manifolds fit ours? ie the
Datsun 250Z or the (old) BMW 3.0? Certainly, the Datsun people seem to have
plenty of bits and pieces; if only they'd fit.

What other tips?...

A bit late, but it's amazing how responsive Father Christmas can be.....

Simon