Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Gearbox Removal

To: Patrick & Caroline Quinn <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>, Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Gearbox Removal
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 8:21:22 -0500
Cc: "<healeys@autox.team.net>" <healeys@autox.team.net>
As well as with the E-Type Chris.  The Healey removal is a piece of cake
compared.  I've pulled the E-Type engine several times and need a month of
psychologic therapy before starting:)

Tom
---- Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
As everyone else said, pretty much same as all other Healeys, except Sprites.
Sheer luxury that you can remove the gearbox without having to remove the
engine - which you have to do in a spridget!!
And I'd factor in new gearbox mount rubbers, which will be those oil soaked
black blobs you'll find under the gearbox, and on a BJ8, the nylon bush under
the gear stick. That nylon bush makes a huge difference to driving.
Oh, and don't forget to drain the gearbox oil BEFORE you remove the
tailshaft...... Or factor in new carpets... :-)
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/austin.healey@gmail.com