Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Gearbox Removal

To: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Gearbox Removal
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:14:16 +0800
Cc: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
In the immortal words of Rob Schneider "You can DO IT!"

Definitely make sure you block up the bottom of the sump for support, and
take out the carb linkage connection so you don't bend it or break it.

When you slide the whole unit off the back of the motor, you'll need to
push the bell housing over to the passenger footwell (assuming you didn't
remove the steering wheel) and then pull it forward a bit to get the back
end out of the propshaft tunnel ,

It helps to have a couple of young guys to help out, but probably if you
have a proper lift/straps handy that might make it easier.

good luck!

Alan