Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Relay

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Relay
From: Per Schoerner <per@schoerner.se>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:46:00 +0200
Hi
It's a matter of if you want it to look original or not I think. The
overdrive relay is just a relay, I can buy a relay at my local shop here
for #3 and it will do the job just fine. But it doesn't look original.
Also, there are different relays in early cars. The relays for the BJ8
are much cheaper, possibly the same as the Jaguar relays you refer to.
If you have the original, not working, relay you can rebuild it by
putting a new modern relay for #3 inside it and it will look very original.

Per