Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiator

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiator
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:25:19 +0200
In general the temperature should be more or less constant under any
condition, just slightly above the opening temperature of the
thermostat. If the temperature shows to be lower than the thermostat
opening temperature the thermostat is at fault or is the wrong type (it
should be of the sleeved type), assuming the heater is turned off. If
very cold, with the heater plus heater fan on maximum, the temperature
could drop below the opening temperature of the thermostat.
If the temperature increases significantly the cooling capacity is
insufficient because of blockages/dirt, faulty water pump or the wrong
radiator capacity.
Older cars can have insufficient cooling capacity at low speeds/engine
revs, hence the advise to fit a thermostatically controlled electric fan
when the car is used in modern traffic.
Kees Oudesluijs