Re: [Healeys] Driving 100

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Driving 100
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 2:42:01 +0000
Cc: Healeys@autox.team.net
Bob, I think something is out of spec.  My 100, on 165/80 modern"ish" radials
was very stable, would not describe the handling as squirrelly at all, a very
relaxed and smooth riding car compared to most of the other mgs and Triumphs
and such I have owned.

The one time I do remember it being squirrel was when the toe in was off after
I set it by eyeball to drive it home after I had done, coincidentally, a
steering box referb and tie and cross rod replacement in my mother's nearby
garage and wanted to get it home for more precise adjustment.  The curves of
the front fenders make the eyeball method even more inaccurate than you would
figure it to be, but anyway it was squirrelly with the toe in off.

Greg Lemon