Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch reservoir

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Empty brake/clutch reservoir
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 13:05:58 +0100
--===============3172269744095679263==
 boundary="------------030204040000080808060001"

--------------030204040000080808060001

Switch off the engine and apply the brakes repeatedly until the vacuum
is gone and the pedal really hard.
Press the brake pedal hard and keep the pressure on, then start the
engine. The brake pedal should now sink a bit and get a bit softer as
the vacuum is building up.
If there is no change in the pedal the brake booster is at fault.
However it could something very simple like the non return valve.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 2-12-2015 om 12:58 schreef Mitch:
> hello,
> How do you know or test to make sure your Brake Booster is working
> properly? I have a 1966 BJ8.
> Thanks
> Mitch

  <head>
  </head>
      brakes repeatedly until the vacuum is gone and the pedal really
      hard.<br>
      Press the brake pedal hard and keep the pressure on, then start
      the engine. The brake pedal should now sink a bit and get a bit
      softer as the vacuum is building up.<br>
      If there is no change in the pedal the brake booster is at fault.
      However it could something very simple like the non return valve.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Op 2-12-2015 om 12:58 schreef Mitch:<br>
      cite="mid:1689329521.3161434.1449057507433.JavaMail.zimbra@comcast.net"
      type="cite">
          working properly? I have a 1966 BJ8.</div>
        <hr id="zwchr">
          font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family:
          Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><b>From: </b>"Frank
          Magnusson" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:fmags@cox.net";>&lt;fmags@cox.net&gt;</a><br>
          <b>To: </b><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
          Price, it probably is the main connection of the pipes at the
          bottom of the reservoir.  Looking at mine when I had a leakage
          problem, Im surprised it doesmt leak there all the time.  See
          if you can  find any wet areas that might give a clue where
          the leak or leaks are.<br>
          If it is the brake booster for the brake side, the fluid
          mysteriously disappears with no wet spots anywhere.  It gets
          sucked into the booster and then into the engine and out the
          exhaust.  Youll get a whiff of it on startup and a little
          white exhaust for a minute or so until it gets burned out the
          exhaust.  But if its both brake and clutch id guess it is the
          reservoir connection which is common to both brake and clutch.<br>
          Hope this helps,<br>
          Frank<br>
          Sent from my iPad<br>
          Support Team.Net <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
          <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
          <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage:
          <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/dayton21@comcast.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/dayton21@comcast.net</a><br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2016.0.7227 / Virusdatabase: 4477/11099 - datum van
        uitgifte: 12/01/15</p>

--------------030204040000080808060001--