Re: [Healeys] start up Temp

To: Al Malin <amalin@mac.com>, Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] start up Temp
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 09:12:14 -0800

--089e013c649e0b1888052b6d8925

I held the chokes open before I had properly installed and adjusted choke
cables. The point, I snow have a functioning system and typically have not
driven the car when the air temps are so low. I am not wanting to drive the
car as much as possible. it is the first time in 42 years that my car has
been this complete and and all of my upgrades (HD8 carbs,, cable throttle),
Toyota 5 speed are in use. I don;t want to sit and warm up the car in my
driveway at 6:30 in the AM and bother my neighbors any longer than I need
to.

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
1959 BN4 100-6
with BT7 engine and disk brakes.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Al Malin <amalin@mac.com> wrote:

> Ira,
>
> I drive mine as soon as I can drive off without the engine spitting and
> sputtering, which is at least a couple minutes after the engine is stone
> cold.
>
> You shouldn=E2=80=99t have to hold the choke by hand. I pull the choke ou=
t the
> desired amount then twisting the knob to the right holds the chock. As th=
> engine warms up, I gradually push the choke in. I ALWAYS twist the knob t=
> the left before pushing the chock in.
>
> If your choke cable is properly adjusted, the first distance will raise
> the idle speed without the engaging the choke.
>
> Al Malin
> Tricarb
>

> > On Feb 10, 2016, at 11:11 AM, i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So it has been many years since I have had a working choke in my car.
> > I know I need to have oil pressure before I head out on a cold morning,
> but what temp should I wait for before driving off? I have just held the
> jokes up by hand until the car reached 190 degrees and ran without the
> choke.
> > It has been in the 30s in the morning, but is is warming up. Today was
> 42. So at what temp is OK to start driving the car? It has been over 7
> years since I have had the car on the road and I drove it sparingly then.
> I now try to drive it as much as possible.
> >
> > Ira Erbs
> > Portland,OR
> > 1959 BN4 100-6
> > with BT7 engine and disk brakes.

--089e013c649e0b1888052b6d8925

 adjusted choke cables. The point, I snow have a functioning system and typ=
ically have not driven the car when the air temps are so low. I am not want=
ing to drive the car as much as possible. it is the first time in 42 years =
that my car has been this complete and and all of my upgrades (HD8 carbs,, =
cable throttle), Toyota 5 speed are in use. I don;t want to sit and warm up=
 the car in my driveway at 6:30 in the AM and bother my neighbors any longe=
pan dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:amalin@mac.com"; target=3D"_blank">ama=
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Ira,<br=

I drive mine as soon as I can drive off without the engine spitting and spu=
ttering, which is at least a couple minutes after the engine is stone cold.=
You shouldn=E2=80=99t have to hold the choke by hand. I pull the choke out =
the desired amount then twisting the knob to the right holds the chock. As =
the engine warms up, I gradually push the choke in. I ALWAYS twist the knob=
 to the left before pushing the chock in.<br>
If your choke cable is properly adjusted, the first distance will raise the=
 idle speed without the engaging the choke.<br>
Al Malin<br>
Tricarb<br>
&gt; On Feb 10, 2016, at 11:11 AM, i erbs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:eyera3000@g=
mail.com">eyera3000@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; So it has been many years since I have had a working choke in my car.<=
br>
&gt; I know I need to have oil pressure before I head out on a cold morning=
, but what temp should I wait for before driving off? I have just held the =
jokes up by hand until the car reached 190 degrees and ran without the chok=
e.<br>
&gt; It has been in the 30s in the morning, but is is warming up. Today was=
 42. So at what temp is OK to start driving the car? It has been over 7 yea=
rs since I have had the car on the road and I drove it sparingly then.=C2=
=A0 I now try to drive it as much as possible.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Ira Erbs<br>
&gt; Portland,OR<br>
&gt; 1959 BN4 100-6<br>
&gt; with BT7 engine and disk brakes.<br>

--089e013c649e0b1888052b6d8925--