Re: [Healeys] start up Temp

To: eyera3000@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] start up Temp
From: "dwflagg@juno.com" <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 00:52:36 GMT
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Full-name: "dwflagg@juno.com" <dwflagg@juno.com>
--===============5008340444293663148==

----__JWM__J3ddaf9e3.57626e86S.6a28445bM

Ira,

I remember being told, many years ago, to bring the engine up to running=
 temperature quickly. Start with the choke out and drive, adjusting the =
choke with the engine temperature. My Healey once started at below zero,=
 drove off and it ran fine. Although, the next morning after a 3 hour dr=
ive back to Albany, it would not start!!  So it has been many years sinc=
e I have had a working choke in my car.I know I need to have oil pressur=
e before I head out on a cold morning, but what temp should I wait for b=
efore driving off? I have just held the jokes up by hand until the car r=
eached 190 degrees and ran without the choke. It has been in the 30s in =
the morning, but is is warming up. Today was 42. So at what temp is OK t=
o start driving the car? It has been over 7 years since I have had the c=
ar on the road and I drove it sparingly then.  I now try to drive it as =
much as possible.Ira ErbsPortland,OR1959 BN4 100-6with BT7 engine and di=
sk brakes.
Ally Bank, Member FDIC
Consistently competitive rates, 24/7 customer care, Member FDIC
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/56bd2d20763972d203efbst01duc
----__JWM__J3ddaf9e3.57626e86S.6a28445bM

he engine up to running temperature quickly. Start with the choke out an=
d drive, adjusting the choke with the engine temperature. My Healey once=
 started at below zero, drove off and it ran fine. Although, the next mo=
rning after a 3 hour drive back to Albany, it would not start!!&nbsp;</d=
iv>
oke in my car.
ing, but what temp should I wait for before driving off? I have just hel=
d the jokes up by hand until the car reached 190 degrees and ran without=
 the choke.&nbsp;</div>
was 42. So at what temp is OK to start driving the car? It has been over=
 7 years since I have had the car on the road and I drove it sparingly t=
hen.&nbsp; I now try to drive it as much as possible.</div>

_______________________________</font><br><a style=3D"TEXT-DECORATION: n=
one" href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/56bd2d20763972d203=
efbst01duc" target=3D_blank><font face=3D"Arial"><font color=3D"#004080"=
00" size=3D"2">Consistently competitive rates, 24/7 customer care, Membe=
r FDIC<br></a><a style=3D"COLOR: #000000" href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffer=
s.juno.com/TGL3142/56bd2d20763972d203efbst01duc" target=3D_blank>https:/=
----__JWM__J3ddaf9e3.57626e86S.6a28445bM--