[Healeys] My BJ8

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] My BJ8
From: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:13:37 -0400

--001a113e2b6afb96c7053f8c3bfc

I lost my 63 BJ7 to a whole house fire a number of months back.  I owned my
BJ7 for over 30 years.  I restored the car and it was beautiful.  There was
nothing I would not undertake on the car.

I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.  I do love the "new" car.  There
are differences between the cars and that is what I need help with.  I need
to clean the overdrive operating valve and then adjust the overdrive
solenoid for proper operation.

My question is how do I remove the center console?  I see the two screws on
each side of the top of the console where it joins the dash but there is
more to removing it. Where are there other screws/attachment points?  Are
there disconnects for the switches or do I just made a sketch of the wiring
before I disconnect them?

I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.  Is the ignition
key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk?  My key does not operate
any of the.  If not, I do not see numbers on the locks themselves so how
and where do I get replacement keys.  I also assume there is a separate key
for the doors and I do not see a number on that lock either.

What other important differences between the cars that I should be aware of?

The list has been great with information and help in the past.

Thanks to all who reply.

Fred

63 BJ7 (deceased)
66 BJ8

--001a113e2b6afb96c7053f8c3bfc

mber of months back.=C2=A0 I owned my BJ7 for over 30 years.=C2=A0 I restor=
ed the car and it was beautiful.=C2=A0 There was nothing I would not undert=
ake on the car.<br><br>I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.=C2=A0 I do =
love the &quot;new&quot; car.=C2=A0 There are differences between the cars =
and that is what I need help with.=C2=A0 I need to clean the overdrive oper=
ating valve and then adjust the overdrive solenoid for proper operation.<br=
he two screws on each side of the top of the console where it joins the das=
h but there is more to removing it. Where are there other screws/attachment=
 points?=C2=A0 Are there disconnects for the switches or do I just made a s=
the ignition key when I bought the car.=C2=A0 Is the ignition key supposed =
to operate the glove box and trunk?=C2=A0 My key does not operate any of th=
e.=C2=A0 If not, I do not see numbers on the locks themselves so how and wh=
ere do I get replacement keys.=C2=A0 I also assume there is a separate key =

--001a113e2b6afb96c7053f8c3bfc--