Re: [Healeys] My BJ8

To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] My BJ8
From: i erbs <eyera3000@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:21:48 -0700
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a113dd232fbc5c9053f8edc23

Take the glove box and trunk key tumblers to a locksmith. They can make
replacement key or keys.

Ira Erbs
1959 100-6
MKI engine and disc brakes
Portland,OR

On Oct 23, 2016 1:34 PM, "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@gmail.com> wrote:

> I lost my 63 BJ7 to a whole house fire a number of months back.  I owned
> my BJ7 for over 30 years.  I restored the car and it was beautiful.  There
> was nothing I would not undertake on the car.
>
> I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66 BJ8.  I do love the "new" car.  There
> are differences between the cars and that is what I need help with.  I need
> to clean the overdrive operating valve and then adjust the overdrive
> solenoid for proper operation.
>
> My question is how do I remove the center console?  I see the two screws
> on each side of the top of the console where it joins the dash but there is
> more to removing it. Where are there other screws/attachment points?  Are
> there disconnects for the switches or do I just made a sketch of the wiring
> before I disconnect them?
>
> I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.  Is the ignition
> key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk?  My key does not operate
> any of the.  If not, I do not see numbers on the locks themselves so how
> and where do I get replacement keys.  I also assume there is a separate key
> for the doors and I do not see a number on that lock either.
>
> What other important differences between the cars that I should be aware
> of?
>
> The list has been great with information and help in the past.
>
> Thanks to all who reply.
>
> Fred
>
> 63 BJ7 (deceased)
> 66 BJ8

> options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com

--001a113dd232fbc5c9053f8edc23

ey can make replacement key or keys.</p>
1959 100-6<br>
MKI engine and disc brakes<br>
Portland,OR</p>
:34 PM, &quot;Fred Wescoe&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fredwescoe@gmail.com"=
>fredwescoe@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;p=
e house fire a number of months back.=C2=A0 I owned my BJ7 for over 30 year=
s.=C2=A0 I restored the car and it was beautiful.=C2=A0 There was nothing I=
 would not undertake on the car.<br><br>I have replaced my 63 BJ7 with a 66=
 BJ8.=C2=A0 I do love the &quot;new&quot; car.=C2=A0 There are differences =
between the cars and that is what I need help with.=C2=A0 I need to clean t=
he overdrive operating valve and then adjust the overdrive solenoid for pro=
le?=C2=A0 I see the two screws on each side of the top of the console where=
 it joins the dash but there is more to removing it. Where are there other =
screws/attachment points?=C2=A0 Are there disconnects for the switches or d=
o I just made a sketch of the wiring before I disconnect them?<br><br></div=
>I received just the ignition key when I bought the car.=C2=A0 Is the ignit=
ion key supposed to operate the glove box and trunk?=C2=A0 My key does not =
operate any of the.=C2=A0 If not, I do not see numbers on the locks themsel=
ves so how and where do I get replacement keys.=C2=A0 I also assume there i=
s a separate key for the doors and I do not see a number on that lock eithe=
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>