Re: [Healeys] oil use

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil use
From: <warthodson@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:42:28 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2447395_856786225.1550673748534

First, Lets assume that your engine is equipped with the original style cra=
nkcase breather system. I.E. no customizations such as PCV valves, etc., et=
c. Make sure your valve cover oil filler cap is vented as original. Check t=
o confirm your valve cover has a "baffle" inside under the fitting for the =
"T" breather tube as original. Check the gap between the baffle & the end o=
f the "T" which is threaded into the fitting. The "T" should not be threate=
d as far in as it will go. The vacuum in the tube will pick up the oil on t=
he baffle if it is too close.=C2=A0 If it is, back it out to increase the g=
ap between the baffle & the end of the "T". It only needs to be threaded in=
 a few threads (3). Then tighten the retaining nut. If the rubber tube from=
 the "T" to the air cleaner is too short any oil in the tube will run down =
to the air cleaner. Replace this tube with one that is a few inches longer.=
 Install the new rubber tube so that when it leaves the "T" it Curves/rises=
 slightly up before it has to turn down to the air cleaner. Only oil the is=
 entrained in the vapor will get to the air cleaner. Oil on the wall of the=
 tube will drain back into the valve cover.=C2=A0Gary Hodson