Re: [Healeys] Leaf Springs

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Leaf Springs
From: Curtis Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 23:58:53 -0700
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--00000000000002df61058a8e224c

Mike,

It's for the exhaust hanger.

Cheers,

Curt

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
wrote:

>      I am finally getting around to installing the leaf springs for my
> BN2.  This is the first time I have put a big Healey together and I got my
> car as a bare shell., so I wanted to make sure I got this right.  Check the
> photos of the rear left leaf spring at the rear hanger.  I have all the
> hardware that was listed at Moss, including the two jam nuts for the bolt
> through the body mount.  The double ended threaded bolt can only go one way
> with the jam nuts on one end and the big nut and lock washer on the other.
> I determined the jam nuts were to take the lateral movement out of the
> bolt, but leave it loose enough to let the links swing with the movement of
> the axle.  After looking at it, I could have just flipped the whole links
> and bolts over exposing the jam nuts to the outside.  Might have been
> easier that way, but it wasn't bad.
>     Also look at the third picture.  This is just below and behind the
> leaf spring.  There is a captive nut behind the sheet metal of the inner
> wheel well.  You can see it it in the center of the photo.  What is this
> threaded hole for?
> Mike MacLean
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cnaarndt@gmail.com

--00000000000002df61058a8e224c

br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue,=
 Jun 4, 2019 at 9:03 PM Michael MacLean &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rrengineer.mi=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid =
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div class=3D"gmail-m_1021144893536=
154854yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:&quot;times new roman&quot;,&q=
uot;new york&quot;,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0 I am finally getting around to installing the leaf springs for my BN2.=
=C2=A0 This is the first time I have put a big Healey together and I got my=
 car as a bare shell., so I wanted to make sure I got this right.=C2=A0 Che=
ck the photos of the rear left leaf spring at the rear hanger.=C2=A0 I have=
 all the hardware that was listed at Moss, including the two jam nuts for t=
he bolt through the body mount.=C2=A0 The double ended threaded bolt can on=
ly go one way with the jam nuts on one end and the big nut and lock washer =
on the other.=C2=A0 I determined the jam nuts were to take the lateral move=
ment out of the bolt, but leave it loose enough to let the links swing with=
 the movement of the axle.=C2=A0 After looking at it, I could have just fli=
pped the whole links and bolts over exposing the jam nuts to the outside.=
=C2=A0 Might have been easier that way, but it wasn&#39;t bad.</div><div>=
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Also look at the third picture.=C2=A0 This is just below=
 and behind the leaf spring.=C2=A0 There is a captive nut behind the sheet =
metal of the inner wheel well.=C2=A0 You can see it it in the center of the=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=