Re: [Healeys] Leaf Springs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Leaf Springs
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 17:34:40 +0200

--------------0671B68189CEA88FA8098A6E

As it is not a concours car I would use a single adjustable reinforced
rubber strap (with a row of 8mm holes) plus clamp around the exaust pipe
and hung from the tapped hole by a single bolt. Simple, universal and cheap.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 5-6-2019 om 17:07 schreef David P:

> FWIW, they are captive and will require either taping or welding a nut
> in the new hole..
>
> On 6/5/2019 8:14 AM, Jean Caron wrote:
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> This is where the rubber exhaust mounting bracket goes but there
>> should be two of these nuts, it looks like one of the holes was
>> welded over. You will have to install a rubber bracket in place so
>> you will know where to drill the second hole and I believe there is
>> an opening underneath that corner piece so that you can go and weld
>> it in place or drill the hole and use a ?T? nut.
>>
>> Jean

>> Windows 10

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      reinforced rubber strap (with a row of 8mm holes) plus clamp
      around the exaust pipe and hung from the tapped hole by a single
      bolt. Simple, universal and cheap.</p>
      cite="mid:6cd084a0-7e38-052e-2d3d-6e1bdab8657e@porterscustom.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        welding a nut in the new hole..<br>
        wrote:<br>
cite="mid:DM5PR2201MB156223D4C4058C3B840EA0DED1160@DM5PR2201MB1562.namprd22.prod.outlook.com">
          charset=windows-1252">
          medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
        margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style>
            bracket goes but there should be two of these nuts, it looks
            like one of the holes was welded over. You will have to
            install a rubber bracket in place so you will know where to
            drill the second hole and I believe there is an opening
            underneath that corner piece so that you can go and weld it
            in place or drill the hole and use a ?T? nut. </p>
              href="https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986";
              moz-do-not-send="true"> Mail</a> for Windows 10</p>
        <hr style="display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex="-1">
            face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b>
            Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
              href="mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net";
              moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;healeys-bounces@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
            on behalf of Michael MacLean <a
              class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
              href="mailto:rrengineer.mike@att.net";
              moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;rrengineer.mike@att.net&gt;</a><br>
            roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;">
              springs for my BN2.  This is the first time I have put a
              big Healey together and I got my car as a bare shell., so
              I wanted to make sure I got this right.  Check the photos
              of the rear left leaf spring at the rear hanger.  I have
              all the hardware that was listed at Moss, including the
              two jam nuts for the bolt through the body mount.  The
              double ended threaded bolt can only go one way with the
              jam nuts on one end and the big nut and lock washer on the
              other.  I determined the jam nuts were to take the lateral
              movement out of the bolt, but leave it loose enough to let
              the links swing with the movement of the axle.  After
              looking at it, I could have just flipped the whole links
              and bolts over exposing the jam nuts to the outside.
              Might have been easier that way, but it wasn't bad.</div>
              and behind the leaf spring.  There is a captive nut behind
              the sheet metal of the inner wheel well.  You can see it
              it in the center of the photo.  What is this threaded hole
              for?</div>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";
moz-do-not-send="true">Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";

</pre>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World
go here: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/";
moz-do-not-send="true">WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/</a></pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"