[Healeys] high oil consumption

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] high oil consumption
From: warthodson--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:16:16 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_8587655_2122266363.1568729776428

Our local AH club will be checking a BJ8 for high oil consumption this week=
end. He says it is not leaking out. We will verify that when we inspect it.=
=C2=A0He added 8 quarts of oil on the round trip to Conclave recently (2100=
 miles total). The engine was professionally rebuilt in 2011. The engine bu=
ilder has recently retired & moved to a Caribbean island so we cannot conta=
ct him, true story.In 2012 he used 6 quarts of oil on a 5000 mile trip. Abo=
ut 2-3 years ago I checked the compression, performed a leak down test & in=
spected the spark plugs. Every thing was in the normal range.My question is=
: If the engine passes all the usual tests this weekend, what are some of t=
he unusual ways you have come across that could cause high oil consumption =
& how would we test for them?=C2=A0
Gary Hodson
------=_Part_8587655_2122266363.1568729776428

weekend. He says it is not leaking out. We will verify that when we inspect
it.&nbsp;</div>

miles total). The engine was professionally rebuilt in 2011. The engine builder
has recently retired &amp; moved to a Caribbean island so we cannot contact
him, true story.</div>

checked the compression, performed a leak down test &amp; inspected the spark
plugs. Every thing was in the normal range.</div>

what are some of the unusual ways you have come across that could cause high
oil consumption &amp; how would we test for them?&nbsp;</div>

------=_Part_8587655_2122266363.1568729776428--

--===============2384945713770311054==