Re: [Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 15:58:26 +0100

--------------682355F6221838A9A342DAAA

For the tail and brake lights you should not need "load resistors". You
may need them for the indicator lights if you use the original style
bi-metal flasher relay. You have to make certain though that the wiring
and especially the contacts and fittings are perfectly clean and make
100% contact.

If you are going to use the load resistors you need two for each double
filament bulb as there are two power leads.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 24-12-2019 om 15:22 schreef Michael Oritt:
> I purchased two of the Moss 170-941 red LED bulbs to use as
> tail-lights/brake-lights to replace the standard 1157 dual filament
> bulbs on my 100 (I have the reflector pods electrified and wired for
> turn signals).  In addition to the bulbs I also purchased, at Moss's
> suggestion, two 170-965 Load Resistors.
>
> The instructions for installation of the resistors simply talk about
> the resistor's being installed between the power and ground leads to
> each fixture but it does not specify which power lead.  My question
> is:  do I connect the ground lead to the tail light power lead or the
> turn signal power lead or does it matter?  I cannot envision
> connecting it to both as that would defeat their separate function.
>
> TIA....Michael Oritt

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------682355F6221838A9A342DAAA

  <head>
  </head>
      resistors". You may need them for the indicator lights if you use
      the original style bi-metal flasher relay. You have to make
      certain though that the wiring and especially the contacts and
      fittings are perfectly clean and make 100% contact.</p>
      double filament bulb as there are two power leads.</p>
      Oritt:<br>
cite="mid:CAPTa0B53TDm6xcgpDQ51vAGZEeKtehfwYhyh0tbKZ=ZcXT6LgA@mail.gmail.com">
          of the Moss 170-941 red LED bulbs to use as
          tail-lights/brake-lights to replace the standard 1157 dual
          filament bulbs on my 100 (I have the reflector pods
          electrified and wired for turn signals).  In addition to the
          bulbs I also purchased, at Moss's suggestion, two 170-965 Load
          Resistors.   <br>
          The instructions for installation of the resistors simply talk
          about the resistor's being installed between the power and
          ground leads to each fixture but it does not specify which
          power lead.  My question is:  do I connect the ground lead to
          the tail light power lead or the turn signal power lead or
          does it matter?  I cannot envision connecting it to both as
          that would defeat their separate function.<br>
          TIA....Michael Oritt<br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>