Re: [Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question

To: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question
From: richard mayor <boyracer466@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 18:05:51 -0800
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000dfb3f5059a7db34c

Kees,   Just curious.  What model Healey do you own?

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 6:58 AM Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
wrote:

> For the tail and brake lights you should not need "load resistors". You
> may need them for the indicator lights if you use the original style
> bi-metal flasher relay. You have to make certain though that the wiring and
> especially the contacts and fittings are perfectly clean and make 100%
> contact.
>
> If you are going to use the load resistors you need two for each double
> filament bulb as there are two power leads.
>
> Kees Oudesluijs
>

> Op 24-12-2019 om 15:22 schreef Michael Oritt:
>
> I purchased two of the Moss 170-941 red LED bulbs to use as
> tail-lights/brake-lights to replace the standard 1157 dual filament bulbs
> on my 100 (I have the reflector pods electrified and wired for turn
> signals).  In addition to the bulbs I also purchased, at Moss's suggestion,
> two 170-965 Load Resistors.
>
> The instructions for installation of the resistors simply talk about the
> resistor's being installed between the power and ground leads to each
> fixture but it does not specify which power lead.  My question is:  do I
> connect the ground lead to the tail light power lead or the turn signal
> power lead or does it matter?  I cannot envision connecting it to both as
> that would defeat their separate function.
>
> TIA....Michael Oritt

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/boyracer466@gmail.com

--000000000000dfb3f5059a7db34c

r" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 6:58 AM Kees Oudesluijs &lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:coudesluijs@chello.nl";>coudesluijs@chello.nl</a>&gt; wro=
te:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px =
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      resistors&quot;. You may need them for the indicator lights if you us=
      the original style bi-metal flasher relay. You have to make
      certain though that the wiring and especially the contacts and
      fittings are perfectly clean and make 100% contact.</p>
      double filament bulb as there are two power leads.</p>
      Oritt:<br>
     =20
ased two
          of the Moss 170-941 red LED bulbs to use as
          tail-lights/brake-lights to replace the standard 1157 dual
          filament bulbs on my 100 (I have the reflector pods
          electrified and wired for turn signals).=C2=A0 In addition to the
          bulbs I also purchased, at Moss&#39;s suggestion, two 170-965 Loa=
          Resistors. =C2=A0 <br>
          The instructions for installation of the resistors simply talk
          about the resistor&#39;s being installed between the power and
          ground leads to each fixture but it does not specify which
          power lead.=C2=A0 My question is: =C2=A0do I connect the ground l=
ead to
          the tail light power lead or the turn signal power lead or
          does it matter?=C2=A0 I cannot envision connecting it to both as
          that would defeat their separate function.<br>
          TIA....Michael Oritt<br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>_______________________________________________
nk">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>