Re: [Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question

To: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ballast resistor wiring question
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 11:33:54 -0500
Cc: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk12062016; d=earthlink.net; b=nH9/lNODI05sC5ByNe0o2UMPwJmkvT2Lu3nrGyosYWrDVjTw/tr1vQ4Vw8CwUidGq5ZNS08ZzmWXduqqqcmm7RVOiaHSeOTW9r1OkG/M22OBFtjVvE5O5IiCp70IV9JAUsyFUVFSiCjGw5v1vfVra8dsso8XxAbPMHz7F0whIRJPFOvaWni5nw1aGzkiwBy6E3HBu9Oci8wG2U2iuKUkkR2ljIsC6UreiUbhrTH764mtPDnfJWRM3NINMiuoVZ1aLkhmr8mEIQF3nIUMfOpTDPZoPUByNSFTQuCygui2bR0Waxzt8X/Z6F/qMoHkbGlA2gHJnEmHP6GjZSPEJjR2vg==; h=Received:Subject:To:Cc:References:From:Message-ID:Date:User-Agent:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
50 watts is the maximum power that the device will take.

If you have a simple circuit with just the battery and ballast resistor:
12 volt and 6 ohms resistance, the current is 2 amps (I = V / R).  Power
consumed would be 24 watts (P = IV).

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar