Re: [Healeys] wheel

To: llennep@verizon.net, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] wheel
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 18:23:52 -0800

--------------46320F5D656220529D42F4EA

Correction: Now that I've thought about it, you don't have to remove the
stator; just disconnect the harness in front of the box and draw it out.
Still a hassle getting it back in.

On 1/2/2021 5:59 PM, llennep@verizon.net wrote:
> I have to agree with Bob.   You say you want the steering wheel out of
> the way.  Well I can't imagine that a steering wheel out of your way
> could make any task so easy that it is worth pulling the steering
> wheel (and traficator!))
> Keith

  <head>
  </head>
    Correction: Now that I've thought about it, you don't have to remove
    the stator; just disconnect the harness in front of the box and draw
    it out. Still a hassle getting it back in.<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:llennep@verizon.net";>llennep@verizon.net</a> wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1212850227.1481429.1609639179406@mail.yahoo.com">

style="font-family:helvetica,arial;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
            Message-----<br>
                ring). The trafficator, which has to be removed first,
                is a real PITA. The usual 'technique' is to disconnect
                the trafficator harness at the front of the car,and pull
                the movable part out. But, it's possible, if you have
                enough slack in the harness, to pull the top part of the
                stator tube out and disconnect the wiring at the hub
                (take lots of photos). All things considered, I think
                Plan A is the least hassle; drain the steering box first
                (you'll lose most of the fluid anyway when you loosen
                the olive). Plan B involves messing with a lot of small,
                non-standard screws, which have a tendency to evaporate.<br
                  clear="none">
                Possibly the hardest part (Plan A) is feeding the
                harness wires back through the lower portion of the
                stator tube to replace the wheel/hub.<br clear="none">
                Bob<br clear="none">
                  id="yiv6331281688yqt63756">
                    2:55 PM, Mike Sinclair wrote:<br clear="none">
                id="yiv6331281688yqt03997">
                      remove the steering wheel on a BJ8?  And how much
                      trouble to put it back?  I just want it out of the
                      way temporarily.  <br clear="none">

--------------46320F5D656220529D42F4EA--

--===============1748815209747003390==