Re: [Healeys] Not Healey, but Related British Car Stuff

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Not Healey, but Related British Car Stuff
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 09:03:50 +0100

--------------A62D7ABADDC37A3B215647A5

I could be that the pump valves may be full of dirt from the tank. Is
there a fuel filter between tank and pump?

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 10-1-2021 om 22:40 schreef Michael MacLean:
>       Not a Healey, but my 69 MGB GT is related in operation.  I went
> to In N Out for lunch today in my MG.  The line was very long so I had
> to inch forward and was stopped numerous times for a few minutes in
> between.  The fuel pump started pumping furiously like I was running
> out of gas while stopped halfway through the line.  The car was still
> running.  I got up to the first window to pay and the idle dropped to
> less than 500 rpm.  In a minute or so later the engine just quit.
> There is over a half tank of gas in the car.  I tried starting it
> several times, but it would just fire and die.  After several attempts
> the car started again, all the while the fuel pump was going like
> mad.  After getting out of the line the fuel pump slowed down like
> normal and you did not hear it after what I assume was a full float
> bowl.  No issues going home the 4 or 5 miles.  Does that sound like my
> fuel pump is going out or the tank pickup is clogged? It has been
> doing this "empty tank like" pumping fast for a while, but the car has
> run normal up to now.
> Mike MacLean

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------A62D7ABADDC37A3B215647A5

  <head>
  </head>
      tank. Is there a fuel filter between tank and pump?</p>
      MacLean:<br>
      cite="mid:1739851766.467835.1610314810282@mail.yahoo.com">
        new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;">
[...]
                for a while, but the car has run normal up to now.<br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"