[Healeys] Exhaust fitting

To: Healey Mail List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Exhaust fitting
From: Stephen Hutchings via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 19:52:02 -0500
Hi Folks,

After many years of service my old stainless exhaust system has had it, and
Iâ??ve decided to replace it with another stainless system.
I wonder if any of you have some tips/tricks for getting a good gas tight fit
at the joins.
Iâ??ve had my car for 45 years and Iâ??ve struggled many times with controlling
fumes. Iâ??ve recently replaced the manifold gasket, made up down pipe gaskets
out of Remflex ( a graphite exhaust gasket material that compresses),
lengthened my old tail pipes, and carefully checked and sealed the firewall.
Itâ??s become a bit of an obsession for me, so, since Iâ??m starting with a new
system, Iâ??m hoping to see an improvement.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephen, BJ8