Re: Dyno Capability

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Dyno Capability
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 19:07:04 -0700
Mayf,

Well thinking about your comments, when you are there for 1 weeks racing
on the salt flats, and you expell your first motor which usually is your
best one you could put together, and you have to take one broken motor
and another partial motor and about 10 boxes of parts and you put a
motor together using two different displacement motors going after a
record that was taken from you hours earlier, who cares what it
horsepower it puts out take it out there and run it. To our advantage
this junk yard motor we put together all thru the night until 8 am next
morning with pee in the oil, it ran the fastest we had ever gone before.
But the moral of the story is, we live in what we think bonneville is
all about, your there to race. If something breaks fix it and go again.
Why break and sit there and do nothing. use the best known tune up you
have up your sleave. That is what racing and bonneville is about to us.
We will do everything in our power while we are there on the salt, at
the hotel, in the motel room to get it back up and running for another
trip on the salt. Hell we had my wife grinding the valve seats on a head
one year in the motel room.
and the following comment - "Might even be a safety issue such as you
could blow it up before getting too fast to handle"
According to some experts our motor shouldnt live to the 2 mile. and
Hell a gust of wind can be a saftey issue.

Jon