Re: Dyno Capability

To: "jkamo" <jkamo@home.com>, "Bill Smith" <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Dyno Capability
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:32:18 -0800
Joe, I started this thread to see if there was interest in using a dyno. =
There is apparently not much. However, to add something to you comments =
below about determining power at home then running on the salt. I am all =
for that. But, I remember year before last when you were in the Notel 6 =
parking lot reassembling a "fresh" motor after ventilating the primary =
one. Wouldn't you have liked to know that the rebuild was at least some =
kind of capable before you wasted your time? I would think that having =
some way to quantify the output, tune the 'new' motor whether it be car, =
bus, train, or motorcycle before making a run. Might even be a safety =
issue such as you could blow it up before getting too fast to handle =
during an upset (yipes that came out of left field). In any case, likely =
the use of any kind of dyno at the salt is kaput. At least from me.

mayf

  ----- Original Message -----=20