RE: Traction control

To: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>,
Subject: RE: Traction control
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 06:29:22 -0500
I guess I misunderstood your original post as it did not quote what you were
replying to.. I don't want that thing on any car I work on as well and the
cost is not the reason. It is just something else to go wrong that I have no
control over. next thing you know someone will suggest pop off valves on the
turbo cars.. LOL
On another note here is something to make you Hmmmmm
How is it the company (MSD) that makes the device that is banned also makes
the device that defeats it?? One profit center to make them and another to
police them. It makes me nervous when the person that starts the problem
also provides the solution for it. Even worse I never saw an ad for the
original device that does the rev limiting with a part number until they
were banned. For all you really know is the technology may have changed and
this new thing blocks the old way of doing it to keep sanctioning bodies
happy while the new technology is still performing the rev limiting.

Dave