Re: Help break the SCTA myth

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help break the SCTA myth
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
The myth of  "The Golden Boys" is just that, a myth.  When I first started
racing, some old gray haired guy (yeah, even older than me) walked by as I was
trying to sort out my motor after my very first run.  "Carb acting up, eh?  He
asked."  To which I affirmed his analysis.  "You never will get it right with
that thing on there."  was his answer as he walked away.

  A few minutes later, a little boy came up to me with a carburetor in his
hand.  He told me I was supposed to bring it back to "that van over there" when
I was done racing.  After an afternoon of flawless runs with the borrowed
carburetor, I returned it to the van.  It wasn't until an hour or two later
that I found out that the late Don Vesco had loaned me a carburetor.  I figure
you can't get too much more "golden" than that!

  Since that incident, I have had several more repeats of nearly the same
story, only with other "Golden Boys".

  DickJ
  In East Texas

starting at 1&cent;/min.