mg-mmm

Re: Re: Rear Hubs

To: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>, "Jarl or Carol" <deboer@deboer.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Rear Hubs
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 9:55:46 +0900
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi,

As Dave says there is no way to repair loose hub and half
shaft, so that new set is surely required.
Ask Mike Dawley (Sports & Vintage) to send new hub and shaft.
He would give you fitting service (10-ton press is required if
you do it by yourself).

Good Luck,

Hiro
Kobe, Japan

> From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
> Date: 2002/09/11 水 午前 08:38:03 GMT+09:00
> To: "Jarl or Carol" <deboer@deboer.net>
> CC: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Rear Hubs
>
> Jarl
>
> <Phil Marino's tapered-end axle rear modification.>
>
> But surely it's still necessary to replace one of the two
bits, at least? Or is there an insert fitted to the hub to
accept a taper ground on the old halfshaft? As you'll gather I
don't know anyone who has the mod.

> The reason for my original comment was dismiss any thoughts
of using the existing parts with welding, screws, Loctite, etc,
which have all been tried and failed in the past.