Re: MG TD Engine Plate Removal

To: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MG TD Engine Plate Removal
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:51:34 -0800
Gentlemen,

Cloth wrapped vice grips?  This sounds terribly complicated for removal
of a drive rivet when a 3/32" or 1/8" drift punch and a 8 oz ball peen
from inside the block will drive the pin out in seconds.  As for the pin
being "unobtainum", check the Moss catalog page 70, item #89 (upper left
quadrant of picture).  Moss pare number 325-230 @ $0.25 each.  I
replaced the rivet on my block just a short time ago and at that time
the pin was still available and the drift punch was the method of
removal I used, with no damage to either the pin or the block.

Cheers,
Dave