Re: TD side curtains

To: Peter Thiel <pthiel@QuixNet.net>
Subject: Re: TD side curtains
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 18:48:38 -0400
Pete,

        Very recently I had to admit to myself that the Robbins side
curtain covers that I installed on my 52 (2-bow) TD are TOO SMALL!  They
are neither high enough (door top to top) , nor long enough (hinge to
windscreen). I never drive the car with the top up, much less with the
side curtains on.  I'm trying to get ready for a November 1st trip to
Martha's Vineyard (an island off of Cape Cod) with my wife.  She's not
one for putting up with cold, so I've begun trying to get the car ready.
      I've even gone so far as to buy an NOS set of curtains that turned
out to be 3-bow. BUT, they are big enough to cover the opening.  The
problem is that the 2-bow frames would be in the middle of the window
plastic.  I even went so far as to buy a set of used 3-bow curtains.
That doesn't work either.

One of these days, when I've saved enough greenbacks, I will go to
Abingdon Spares and insist on trying on for size a new set of covers
before I buy them.  IMHO, Robbins should be off-limits until they take a
look at their side curtain dimensions.

Bud Krueger
52 TD (drafty)