TD side curtains

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD side curtains
From: "Peter Thiel" <pthiel@QuixNet.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:34:45 -0400
Hello fellow T-listers,
    Here's a question for the collective wisdom. I recently won a set of side
curtain covers on eBay, advertised as for a 50-52 TD with two-bow top. I have
a 53 with a two-bow top. Thinking that all two-bow tops were the same, I
thought they would fit. The top-to-bottom dimension of the front curtains is 1
to 1 1/2 inches too short, primarily above the upper reinforcing bar inside
the canvas portion of the side screen. These are very nice quality Robbins
covers, so it has me wondering.
    The question is this: is there a difference in tops for 50-52 vs. 53, or
did I get a bum set? It seems that most references to a 53 refer to a
three-bow top, but various pictures are contradictory. Any replies are
appreciated.
Thanks!
Pete Thiel
TD-22524EXL/NA