TD Distributor Removal

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Distributor Removal
From: William T Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:08:32 -0400
Hello List. I am trying to remove the distributor from my TD engine to
facilitate cleaning and painting of the engine. This is a late 1953 car
#>29,000. There is only one nut at the bottom of the distributor which I
have loosened fully. I have also removed a bolt with lock wire that is on
the block a few inches left of the distributor. The distributor is still
tight and will not budge. I have not done anything to try to force
removal, which I am assuming will be straight out. Can anyone give me any
pointers on where to proceed from here. I have marked the approximate
position to facilitate resetting the timing after reassembly and
reinstallation into the car.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bill Snyder
'53 TD under construction