Re: TD Distributor Removal

To: wtsnyder@juno.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD Distributor Removal
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:50:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/04 18:15:40 Pacific Daylight Time, wtsnyder@juno.com
writes:

<<  I have also removed a bolt with lock wire that is on
 the block a few inches left of the distributor. The distributor is still
 tight and will not budge.  >>

As I recall, that bolt with lock wire holds one of cam bearings in place.
You don't want to remove it..it should have a little "tit" on the end of it for
engaging the bearing hole.  There is a pinch bolt down below the distributor
that has to be removed....it goes through the locking ring/strap that fixes the
distributor position.  Look at page C.8 of the maintenance manual......
Good Luck
Terry in Oakland, CA