Re: Wire Wheel Conversion

To: simbafish@comcast.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Conversion
From: CIAG6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:55:33 EST
Be aware that all chrome wire wheels are not equal, especially if the car  is
to be driven much.  I had a set from Moss and they started having broken
spokes after only a few thousand miles.  It turns out that the chrome  process
can make spokes brittle.  I replaced the Moss wheels with a set  from British
Wire Wheel and have not had a broken spoke ever since.  The  difference is that
the BWW wheels have polished stainless steel spokes instead  of chrome plated.

RayG