Wire Wheel Conversion

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Wheel Conversion
From: Stu Keen <simbafish@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:07:06 -0500
I am planning to convert my '51 MGTD to wire wheels. Although not standard,
they were the most popular after market option after the TF came out. Those
that I have seen converted look elegant.

Question: I have compared cost of Conversion Kits plus 5 chrome 60 spoke
Wheels from Moss and British Wire Wheels: Moss: $3595.95, British Wire
Wheels: $2550. There is approx $1045 difference in cost. Does anyone know
why? Are conversion kits available elsewhere?

What skills are required in making the conversion or is it pretty much
straight forward? Do the kits include EVERYTHING or are there bearings,
seals, etc. required in addition? I'd be interested in hearing from anyone
that has actually made the conversion and has recommendations.

Thanks.

Stu Keen
1951 MGTD Mark II