Re: Wire wheel conversion

To: simbafish@comcast.net, Lawrie@britcars.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheel conversion
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:36:26 EST
In a message dated 3/14/2005 10:16:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
simbafish@comcast.net writes:

> MGTD/TF Conversion kit: Kit includes five 60 spoke wire wheels, four chrome
> wheel nuts, four splined hubs, four brake drums, one spare wheel adaptor,
> one wheel hammer and all the studs, nuts etc.
> TD Chrome Wheel Kit with CHROME wheels                          $3,595.95

Stu, I bought a chrome ww at Moss in 2003 under emergency conditions (a story
for another time) for my Arnolt.  Its a Dunlop and the spokes are stainless
now...the wheel is nicely turned out  and there have been no problems with
spoke breakage.  That said, I'd opt for Dayton wheels any time I had the
option.
I've had many broken spokes with an old set of Dunlops that do not have ss
spokes....hence the emergency!
Terry