RE: 3 point seat belts

To: <Herald1200@aol.com>, <peter-thiel@sbcglobal.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 3 point seat belts
From: "Murray Arundell" <arundell@ghs.com.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:53:34 +1000
>>>Any properly installed and properly worn three-point belt WILL allow
that.
"Rule of thumb" always used to be that the lap belt portion would be
snug,
while  one should be just able to fit a fist between the chest and the
shoulder
belt.  This is yet another argument in favor of the shoulder belt mount
being
high  enough, at least shoulder level or higher, as I recall.

I am sorry but this is nonsense.  The whole idea of a three point
harness is to prevent ANY movement of the body in the event of a major
accident.  Take a look at any Formula 1 NASCA or any topline motorsport
driver strapped into their car.  These is NO, repeat NO movement
possible.

Regards,

Murray Arundell
Bris Aus