RE: Steering gear

To: "'Wayne'" <eemgee@iinet.net.au>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Steering gear
From: "Jesús V. Benajes" <jbenajes@mot.upv.es>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:12:07 +0200
Hi,

Recently, I have dismantled the steering rack and dealt with the play in the
inner ball joints.

The shims can be purchased form some dealers, or can be fabricated form
plain adjusting shims of similar diameters It is also possible to grind the
female ball joint housing to reduce the play.

If you have some specific question, write me an email(jbenajes at mot dot
upv dot es). I can also supply detailed pictures, if you need them.

Regards.

Jeszs