Re: Ethanol gas

To: ddubois@sinclair.net, rddell@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Ethanol gas
From: PopeyMike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:10:08 EDT
Maybe that was true of the old sloshing fluids as you call them.

But I lined my tank with the latex for aircraft about 20 years ago and
fortunately have not had any problems - it seems to hold up very well - with a
good modern day screen filter installed in line downstream of the filter in the

tank - I have very pure and clean fuel now for the past 20 years.

If fact the tank looks like it has been lined only yesterday - and the carb
bowls hold no residue or film.

I also periodically put in fuel preservative in a tank full to keep the  fuel
fresh if it sits for a long time.

LATEX is the tank lining - sloshing compound of choice.

Michael Balahutrak
53 TD